Friday, December 5, 2008

Finally, Some Good Lab Results

I had my 3 month follow-up with Dr. Chemo yesterday and it went pretty much as well as possible (so far, anyhow...): my blood counts and liver functions are good, so I've got that going for me.

Apparently the CEA results take a while to come back--of course that's the one test that actually has something to do with the cancer--but then again, my CEA was "normal" when I was first diagnosed, so the results can only be bad or inconclusive.

In other news, my cholesterol results came back and were CRAZY low despite my having nothing but carbs, full-fat dairy, and other crap over the past year:
Total Cholesterol185
Triglyceride59
HDL68
LDL105
So, apparently the cure for high cholesterol is not diet but cancer. Who knew?

Ok, maybe it was the weight loss...

No comments:

Post a Comment